Saturday, October 7, 2023

I will always love Georgia Tech

What it takes to win!  Bobby Ross did it for us 37 years ago, gawd has it been 37 years since I got in.  Bill Snyder did it for Kansas State.  It takes time to win.  I think Brent Key and Battman might be the guys.  I know Cabrera won’t put up with losing.  I grew up idolizing Johny Majors, John ward, Haywood Harris, and Gus manning because I had seen them turn Tennessee around after their late 70s swoon.  It took until 83, a full 6 years later.  I wanted something different.  I had to fight to get into Tech.  Jerry Hitt took a chance on a guy that didn’t really deserve to get in.

It take money and it takes time.  I’m willing to wait to evaluate key and batt until 2025.  I don’t ask to win nattys.  I ask that we not be embarrassed.  Collins embarrassed us, but he is gone.  There are no more Collins’ excuses.  I’m also tired of hearing whining.  We are tech men and women.  You hold your head high.  I don’t fear calling a spade a spade and I’m not afraid to do so about tech or anyone else.  I always support the institute, just wish I had some more money to give them.  I don’t whine when it hurts.  I’m going to play golf this morning in my tech hat, with my tech polo golf shirt, with my tech pull over, and I’m carrying my tech golf bag around 18 holes.  I’m going to do it in the knoxville, the belly of my beast.

Win or lose tonight, tech is my school, my institute(all alums are my fellow alums), and my team(all the tech teams are my teams).  To borrow a phrase which should live on in eternity from an alumni who has passed away, Jackets Forever!

BSEE 1990, MSEE 1991


No comments: